Holly

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Airplanes+Our Children = Illness







On the plane on our way to Iowa.





This past weekend we took a trip to Iowa and stayed with Luke's parents.  It's safe to say that every time we have flown one of our children has gotten sick with the exception of one flight.  On that particular flight Jada was in my stomach and I took extreme precautions for Jael.  I had Jael start taking Airborne two days before flight,  brought massive germ-x wipes and wiped down literally EVERYTHING where we sat, and brought saline solution and sprayed her nose every few minutes to keep it moist.  Luke made fun of me for being so psycho but guess what?  Jael did not get sick!
This last trip was Jada's turn.  After arriving to Iowa she developed a fever that I initially attributed to teething.  Later I found out that it was Hand Foot and Mouth Disease which the doctor said she probably got from from the flight.  Surprise Surprise!  Lesson learned, being a psycho pays off!  Our next flight will consist of airborne, germ-x wipes and saline spray!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little ones. Airplanes are so nasty! I too get sick everytime. I actually had to ask the girl sitting behind me to NOT put her nasty tissues between the back/side of my armrest and the side of the plane. I kept hitting them with my arm. (I had a window seat.)Just revolting!

    I am taking notes on your lessons learned. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete