Holly

Thursday, June 30, 2011

While Luke's In Africa...

Well we are less than 48 hours from Luke's return from Kenya.    Believe it or not, I'm surprised it's almost over.  Not to say I haven't missed my husband but this time has gone significantly faster than when he went to the Middle East on the METS trip for 27 days.  I guess there have been two big differences 1) Jael and    2) Jada.  It turns out that kids take up a lot of time!  I have had little down time to sit and sulk over Luke's absence.  But that's not really the reason I have done OK.  The reason I have done well is because of God's response to all of your prayers!  Never have I felt so at peace while Luke has been away.  So I thank you all for your prayers.

We have also been nice and busy while Luke has been gone.  The first 6 days were spent doing a different activity each day.  Tuesday my sister-in-law came and we traveled to New Jersey to stay with my sister Briana and spend some time at the beach.  We came back and Luke's parents came and are here until Monday.  So we have certainly not been without distraction.

Please pray for a safe trip home for everyone in Kenya.  I'm ready to see my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment